Benjamin K. Silverman started our practice in 1955 in an office on Nassau Street in the heart of Princeton. Having led the practice for 30 years, overseeing its expansion and its move to our present location in 1968, Dr. Silverman retired from active practice in 1986. He served as the Chairman of the Department of Pediatrics at Princeton Hospital in 1958 and 1973. Dr. Silverman authored and published medical articles, taught at the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia and previously edited the journal, Clinical Pediatrics. He is co-editor of The Textbook of Pediatric Emergency Medicine, first through fourth editions. Dr. Silverman was recently honored, when he became the recipient of the Jim Seidel Distinguished Service Award. This award recognizes an individual who has made outstanding contributions to the field of pediatric emergency medicine.
Robert H. Bierman
Robert H. Bierman joined our practice in 1961. He had a large and loyal following for 16 years and served as Pediatric Department chairman four times from 1967 to 1976. He retired from active office practice in 1977 to assume the position of Chief of the Undergraduate Health Service at Rutgers University, New Brunswick, New Jersey.
M. David Atkin
Dr. Bierman was followed by M. David Atkin. Dr. Atkin was elected in 1969 and 1970 to serve as Chairman of the Department of Pediatrics at Princeton Hospital and in 1979 as President of the Medical Staff. During his 30 years in clinical practice, Dr. Atkin recognized the need for an independent organization to evaluate children for learning and attentional disorders. He retired from office based primary care in 1994 to become Director of Princeton Educational Resources.
Norman S. Katz
Norman S. Katz, who joined in 1971, retired after 34 years of devoted service to the children in central New Jersey. He served as Chairman of the Department of Pediatrics at Princeton Hospital from 1977 to 1978. As an ongoing Trustee of the Peer Review Organization of New Jersey, he will continue to oversee the quality of care rendered by New Jersey physicians.
Mark B. Levin
Mark B. Levin, who joined in 1977, died in June 2008 after 30 years of devoted service to the children in central New Jersey. He served as President of the Medical Staff in 1987, Chairman of the Department of Pediatrics in 1984-85 and 1989-1991, and President and founding member of the Mercer County chapter of CASA, Court Appointed Special Advocates for children. He was twice nominated to receive the Humanitarian Award at University Medical Center at Princeton.
Timothy Patrick-Miller, who joined in 1985, retired from the practice in July of 2013 after 28 years at the group. Dr. Patrick-Miller has served on several Departmental and hospital committees. He has published original work and participated in clinical research while at The Pediatric Group. He and his wife will enjoy living in Chicago, closer to family. Dr. Patrick-Miller will be greatly missed!
John Cotton has been with the group since 1978 and just retired in the Summer of 2014 after 36 years of service. Dr. Cotton has served on several Departmental and hospital committees, and has been Chairman of the Department of Pediatrics at the University Medical Center at Princeton. He has published original work and participated in clinical research while at our group and has served on numerous state and local organizations to promote the health and well-being of children. During his retirement, we hope he enjoys his 2 children and his time in Maryland with family. We miss him already!
Our currently active medical staff includes Louis Tesoro, who joined in 1988, Helen Rose, who joined in 2007, Paula Zollner, who joined in 2010, and Karen Rossi who joined in 2019. You may click on any of these providers to review their professional credentials.
We moved to our new location in June of 2018 and hope you love it as much as we do! We were at 66 Mt. Lucas since 1968!